We think it's only right that a brand taking it's inspiration from nature and the ocean does what it can to protect it.
How do we do this?
Well, to start with, we only get our base products from the most responsible, high quality suppliers.
- All our tees are made with 100% organic cotton, with a minimal and often non-existent carbon footprint, and are PETA certified Vegan-friendly.
- All our tees and sweaters are certified in adherence to the guidelines of the 'Fair Wear' foundation, which works to support workers' rights and improve working conditions within the textile industry.
- Our artwork/logo prints are done using non-toxic and non-hazardous, biodegradable, water-based inks.
- Many of our products that are not made with 100% cotton (such as certain bags & sweatshirts) are, wherever possible made with recycled materials.
- Our packaging is made using 100% recycled materials and itself fully compostable.
- Our products are a built to last. We are against 'fast fashion' and the throwaway culture. Our apparel is made thick, soft and comfortable, so they can take a beating, and you won't get sick of wearing them. Provided you take proper care of them they wont shrink or warp in the wash. On top of this, we've done our best to design them in a simplistic, timeless style, so they can ride with changing fashion trends and stay relevant.
- All our products are made 'On-Demand', and sent to you directly from the factory. Each product is created individually to order, meaning we don't hold hundreds of garments in stock. This is better for the environment in two ways. Firstly, because we don't need to hold stock, there are zero wasted/unsold products and no energy wasted in production, and secondly our products are only shipped once - from the factory straight to your door, further reducing our carbon footprint.
We have also pledged to donate 10% of profits to various non-profit organisations working for the protection of ocean habitats. There are a number of organisations we are researching and intend to support but we are always happy to discover new ones; feel free to send recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org!